American Sussex Association

They are the same group. "BREEDERS" was removed from the name to better serve all persons who are interested in the sussex chicken breed. It was felt you did not have to breed or show sussex to be in the association when it was changed. This gave those who just had a few backyard sussex, including birds from hatcheries, to have a place to discuss and learn about what was currently going on with the breed in the United States and Canada.

O OK. I was confused about which club to send people to as, for me, the name change seemed to coincide with website changes and thought there was two clubs.
Thanks, Karen

Yes there are several clubs in the United States but the two you asked for is what i addressed. You have to pay a membership fee if you want to be in this group. Some others are not as big but are open to most and free to belong.

Last edited:
Leela, what is the difference between the asa and the Amer. Sussex breeders assoc.
I believe the website for the American Sussex Breeders Association is the precursor to now official the American Sussex Association, as that website points to our website at americansussex.org As far as I know there is only one club for Sussex in the US, and that is the American Sussex Association. We are an official member club of the APA and the ABA.

All the best,

Leela Olson
President, American Sussex Association
www.americansussex.org

About Us

The American Sussex Association was founded in 2010 by a group of poultry fanciers who shared a common interest in the Sussex breed and its many beautiful varieties. This organization was founded to assist in spreading information about this fine dual purpose breed of chicken, and the poultry fancy as a whole.

The American Sussex Association is dedicated to the improvement and preservation of both the American and English bred Sussex lines. Furthermore, the American Sussex Association promotes breeding both standard and bantam fowl to the American Poultry Association and American Bantam Association Standards for exhibition.

Our founding principle is to promote interest in, and knowledge of all Sussex varieties and to foster sportsmanship, goodwill and friendship among all Poultry Fanciers. We welcome breeders and hobbyists of any size, and fanciers of the breed to join our organization and help to promote the Sussex Chicken.

Where HAve all the light sussex folk gone too ? I checked all over BYC and couldn't find a single egg or bird for sale. Have things really gotten that uncommon for The lights or am I just missing something. Several years ago, all people in Sussex were so jazzed about them
Hum... Karen

Back
Top Bottom