American Sussex Association

The Exhibition and Breeding to the Standard of Perfection forum has been created for those with breeder quality stock to have more serious poultry discussions. This includes discussions on breeding to the standard, genetics, exhibition, breeding strategies, breeding for specific traits, etc.
It’s Staff’s desire to moderate this forum with an eye toward consideration that many of the folks participating here are longtime breeders who may write in a down-to-earth and non-sugar-coated way; this certainly doesn’t mean that, when posting here, the Rules do not apply. This is simply meant to advise folks new to this forum that, for example, if they ask a question about a picture they just posted of a bird from their flock, they should expect a straightforward answer, taken from the viewpoint of someone who is breeding exhibition fowl.
We do not want this section to be a competition among breeders but, rather, a collaborative effort to further the breed they are working with. BYC is a very diverse community, and this section will be no different. Poultry judges, experienced breeders, and those new to breeding are all welcome, and all have something to contribute to this forum.
Participants are encouraged to understand and use the terminology found in the APA Standard of Perfection and avoid usage of terminology that might be considered "slang" in the poultry world.
This section is not intended for discussion of pet birds or birds bred/sold by hatcheries; conversations in regard to these birds and flocks should take place in the General Breed Discussions and FAQ section.
Here is the new Sussex Forum :
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/881970/standardbred-sussex-fowl-all-varieties-large-and-bantam

Just wanted to re-invigorate this thread!

The American Sussex Association is back on track! I am the new Interim President.

I breed and show Speckled Sussex.

We are offering a membership special through the end of Jan! Only $10 per year for individual memberships.

You can sign up from our website;

www.americansussex.org

Please visit us on facebook as well!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AmericanSussexAssociation/

Urgent, Urgent, Red Sussex Flock for sale in British Columbia, Canada!!!!

Hi, I am sharing this for any intereted parties. I found this obscure ad from Jan 8, 2017. Do you have any members in British Columbia who can see these birds or maybe buy them and hold for other club members? I wonder if they are dispersing their flock. That's a lot of Reds to sell at one time. And the price is way too low. I wonder if an old farmer died and the relatives are selling off his flock? If the flock has been sold, see if anyone can find out who bought them. Best, Karen Chickens Red Sussex Your feedback helps everyone in the Kijiji community. Thank you. When they joined Kijiji Phone number (if available) View Poster's Profile Contact Poster Kijiji filters and masks emails for security reasons. Avoid fraud by meeting all sellers in-person to pay for items. Kijiji does not offer any transaction or payment services. Read More Safety Tips Date Listed 08-Jan-17 Price $5.00 Address Lone Butte, BC V0K1X3 Offered By Owner Selling 45 Red Sussex hens and some heritage birds $5 each . Also 3 Roosters free. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-livestock/10...ex/1229624949?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Hi
got word from people on the ground in B.C. Looks like this is a flock of hybrids which the hatchery they came from calls Red Sussex. Not an obscure flock sigh. Oh well, was good to check on them anyway. That explains the low prices.

A huge hello to fellow Sussex fans,

I have had my light Sussex for just a few months and absolutely adore them, and am even going to add to my flock. Have other types of chickens as well. These darlings hold and special place in my heart. I am having trouble navigating into the website for the American Sussex Association, and was hoping someone could provide guidance, as to how to go about this, as I am seeking to become a member??? Any friendly advise would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

There are two websites. One is the old one
I think you want america sussex breeders association website. Best, Karen
Light Sussex are my fav variety too.

Back
Top Bottom