American Sussex Association

We are a little over a year old, most all of the people that were willing to help put it together are gone and I have no idea what happened to them or where they went
hu.gif
, so I've done my best to keep it going with the website and forum
caf.gif
, We will see what happens this year it can only get better
fl.gif

So come take a look around see what you think. http://www.americansussexbreeders.com

Last edited:
I emailed Sigrid in the Netherlands about availaibilty of the new softcover " The Genetics of Chicken Colours-The Basics". Below is her response which just came thru. I agree with James about this book. Not only is the front half easy to understand, the 2nd half in the back is chock full of large color photos of all the colors with thier genetic "recipes". This book is perfect for anyone, especially the beginner or someone wanting to work on a color project. Sigrid quotes postage for 2 copies so if two people wanted to go together, postage could be saved.
Best Regards,
Karen
As of 8-28-2011 according to XE currency convertor:
75.00 EUR = 108.954 USD
16.15 EUR = 23.4588 USD
2.00 EUR = 2.90513 USD
168.15 EUR = 244.239 USD
So basically, if ordering 2 at a time, the price difference between the 1st edition hardcover
and the 2nd printing softcover to your doorstep for one copy has risen about $14.00 USD. Not bad.
Best Regards,
Karen
=============================
Hi Karen,
The softcovers are printed in January since hard cover is too expensive
after the first run was sold out after 2 years. Printing prices raised a
lot therefore there are printed small runs of 50 books a time digitally.
The book is 75 euros, mail costs to the US of two copies 16,15 euro and
the protecting special carton wrap is 2 euros.
This is in total 168,15 euro.

You can pay with paypal: [email protected]
Or by bank:
Acc. #: 1279.35.401
Name: Sigrid van Dort Vormgeving
City: Klarenbeek
Bic: RABONL2U
Iban: NL48RABO 0127935401

I will google on Euskal Oiloa chickens, never heard of that breed :))

Have a nice day!

kind regards,
Sigrid

Personally, I think you should have followed the example of some other new breed clubs. Went with a free website and forum and offered a no cost membership. Few want to pay for membership in a new club when everything on BYC is free.

You have your on opinion and that's why your not a member. You had negative things to say on our FREE forum as well so if you have anything else to say shot me an email and keep it off of this forum.

I didn't post this to start a fight it was posted for people that was interested in the Sussex Chicken.

Thanks

You have your on opinion and that's why your not a member. You had negative things to say on our FREE forum as well so if you have anything else to say shot me an email and keep it off of this forum.

I didn't post this to start a fight it was posted for people that was interested in the Sussex Chicken.

Thanks

As an outside observer with no stake in this, and no connection to either of you, that response is not appropriate. This is a free forum and anyone who joins is allowed to post so long as they follow BYC rules. This includes posting opinions with which you may disagree. If someone says they think you should operate a site differently, they are allowed to think it and post it. I personally did not see it as a negative comment, but as an opinion. It sounds like you have a personal problem with that poster, and that is your issue: you do not get to ban someone from posting here.

You say you do not want to start a fight, but you behaving like a dictator in some else's house is not a good way to keep the peace....

Best to you in your endeavor.

Last edited:
We will be having a Membership drive very soon for the American Sussex Association we are still working out the details, So please visit our NEW ASA website for updates.

www.americansussexbreeders.com
So, when checking out the site I wonder what the difference is between my $10 and $15 dollar membership as different items are listed in different locations on the site. Also, if you don't have a newsletter yet or conventions, are you offering any meets at poultry shows? What benefits would I receive from being a member?

Quote:
No meets and a lack of communication with officers is one reason many did not switch from the free membership to a paid membership. We tried to get a National Meet awarded to Crossroads, no luck. Seems not even their club forum gets much attention. I hope they can get more than 17 folks to join and it become a National breed club. But after two years it only has 17 members? The Exhibition Turkey Fanciers hit 100 members within a year of its creation. Times are hard and most can not afford to give $$$ for no or little return. Their forum states they can't get board members to respond to emails. That does give me some concern. Not sure if coming to BYC and asking folks to join a paid forum is appropriate. The forum seems to be the only benefit of joining. We have that for free here at BYC.

Back
Top Bottom