1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

American Sussex Association

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Choctaw Valley Farm, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ChickenHwk

ChickenHwk Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Rayland, Ohio
    Thanks for the help I just saw some on this site for sale.

2. Choctaw Valley Farm

Choctaw Valley Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I am just curious is anyone really interested in this Association?

We have just had a BOD drop out, the Vice President will not respond to emails, and there have only been 3 or 4 members that has even attempted to do anything.

So I guess we will give it another month and if nothing we will refund and pull the plug............

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Quote:have you checked on the sussex thread to let those ppl. know about it??

4. Lazy W Poultry

Lazy W Poultry Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    D'Angelo N Va. :

Quote:
    have you checked on the sussex thread to let those ppl. know about it??

The Sussex Thread is how this Association came to be, and now I have no idea where everyone has went to.​

5. Sorry havent been on in awhile but was wondering the same thing "where oh where has everyone gone" [​IMG]

I really would like to see the ASA get a going and be lively !

Fay

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Well even my Welsummer Club of North America have some rough starts and I pretty much do everything here myself. It is not easy to run a club but if I remember an long time Orp breeder, he said for at least five to ten years, it would be a few handful and now it is leaps and bounds. The ecomony has alot to do with it as well. And I do not charge anything for my memberships because everything is on email....no cost to mail but just your time is all it takes to make a quarterly e-newsletter. if they want a paper copy, then you will have charge.

And I put the Club on Facebook and got some nice members on there. 67 people signed up and I use that for e-newsletter and letting folks know whats up or have anything to share. Alot of us are working and not much time on computers, wait until fall or winter, you will get more responses. Being membership fee being free, it helps to bring in the numbers and wait awhile before you start charging membership fees to make sure you are going to stay afloat.

7. EweSheep - thanks for posting and all the great advice.
    I really like your suggestions and hope Steve gets on here soon and reads your post. I beleive if we be patient and stick with it ,the ASA will survive .

Fay

8. Lazy W Poultry

Jul 4, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I have talked to a Lady that said she could do a members only news letter on line, and we really don't need to up grade the website. So, I will be sending everyone's dues back to them but we still have a lot of MIA folks.

Steve

9. Lazy W Poultry

Jul 4, 2010
    Oklahoma

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by