Americana or Easter Egger

Blissey86

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 13, 2013
Is this an americana ir easter egger. Also can you tell if its a hen or roo. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

Wait I thought green feet = ee? I have chicks just like this amd was told yes ee and no ee bc there was no chubby cheeks or green legs. Your chick looks just like mine tho...and I'm shooting for ee!!

ee's are a mutt that lays green or blue eggs, so with that being said an ee can look like anything. Ameraucanas have to meet one of 8 certain colors, lay blue eggs, have muffs and beard and pea comb with grey legs and pink feet bottoms.

While it's true that EEs can look like anything, hatchery EEs are intended to resemble Ameraucanas so they usually have puffy cheeks and either green or blue tinted legs. Chipmunk patterning is found on MANY breeds and mixes and does not equal EE.

Is this chick a bantam or standard? Where did you get it? What kind of comb does it have?

Yeah, I'm not seeing any EE features in this chick. I think you have a Welsummer. Hatchery EEs usually have at the very least: puffy cheeks, green legs, pea comb. They CAN be missing one or two features, but yours is missing a suspicious amount of them. That points to a different breed altogether.

I was told S/he was a standerd Americana. I got it from a feed store by my house. I will post some more pictures later.

Here is the comb sorry its kind of blurry S/he wouldn't hold still.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom