Americana or Easter Egger

Do I have an Americana?

No, but you might have an EE and I suspect it's a cockerel. I see a beard which rules out Brahma and the other breeds available in that light Columbian pattern. The comb looks pretty developed. How old?

No, but you might have an EE and I suspect it's a cockerel. I see a beard which rules out Brahma and the other breeds available in that light Columbian pattern. The comb looks pretty developed. How old?
2 months old . Here are few more pictures

2 months old . Here are few more pictures

After reading this thread, I'm second guessing whether I have Americana (as was sold to me as) or something else. I'm asking about the chick between the food and water and also the one looking at the camera in the foreground. What do you all think?

If you got them from a feed store or a hatchery, they are easter eggers. Feed stores source from big hatcheries and hatcheries do not have true Ameraucana. Americana is a name hatcheries use to fool people into thinking they have the real thing. An easter egger will lay either a blue, green, or brown egg. Ameraucana only lay blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom