Americana or Easter Egger

Ah ha! After your first post to me I went to the Easter egger section and read about most of them having green legs, ha ha! Thank you so much. I love my little chicks! My other chicks are barred rock and Rhode island red.

Last edited:
When I bought my chicks the sign said amaricanas... the "i" was in red and easter egger in quotes I'm guessing they "misspell" amaraucauna so people like me who don't know anything will think they are getting a true bred amaraucauna I love my chickies so I don't mind but a little disappointed in hatcheries integrity...I feel I've been fooled...

[/IMG] sorry pics didn't upload with the first post

I can't believe I went through 5 pages of posts about the Ameraucana and not a single person spelled it correctly.
sad.png

If you got them from a feed store or a hatchery, they are easter eggers. Feed stores source from big hatcheries and hatcheries do not have true Ameraucana. Americana is a name hatcheries use to fool people into thinking they have the real thing. An easter egger will lay either a blue, green, or brown egg. Ameraucana only lay blue eggs.
Hey! I spelled it right!

Hey! I spelled it right!
Lol you're right. I missed that one! Now I need to figure out where to buy my Ameraucanas from. $20 per chick is too expensive for a known purebred, but on the other hand I don't want to risk getting Easter Eggers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom