Americana or Easter Egger

I was told S/he was an americana. You think she looks more like a brown leghorn?

I can only see feet and with the lighting, I'm not entirely sure if the skin is yellow or white (pink on a chick). I can assure you that it's not an Ameraucana but other than that, it's a guess what he or she is exactly. Once the feathers are in, the guesses will be more educated. Right now, they are guesses.

this is niether americana nor easter egger this is a black breasted red phoenix
woot.gif

I'm ho
Wait I thought green feet = ee? I have chicks just like this amd was told yes ee and no ee bc there was no chubby cheeks or green legs. Your chick looks just like mine tho...and I'm shooting for ee!!

I'm hoping its am Americana or Easter Egger. I drove to a feed store an hour and half away from my house to get her. They said it is an Americana cross your fingers lol. Does your look like her too?

While it's true that EEs can look like anything, hatchery EEs are intended to resemble Ameraucanas so they usually have puffy cheeks and either green or blue tinted legs. Chipmunk patterning is found on MANY breeds and mixes and does not equal EE.

Is this chick a bantam or standard? Where did you get it? What kind of comb does it have?
I got her from a Feed store i was told she is standard Americana. I can't really tell on her comb. It's to small. I will get pics in a few days when it grows in more.

LL

These are my new peeps. The EE on the right has the typical puffy cheeks and do you see how green those legs are? She has a pea x rose comb which is not typical but I have another like her from the same source. The chick with her back to the camera has white skin and her legs are shaded blue -- she has the puffy cheeks and typical single ridge with no bumps that is a single x pea comb. The other chipmunk with pink legs and a single comb (looks like a tiny saw blade) is a speckled Sussex.

Back
Top Bottom