Americana x golden laced wyndotte

miguel2299

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 24, 2013
What does am Americana and golden laced wyandotte look like when you mate them and they have chicks?

As far as coloring, it depends on the Ameraucana, and if it's a true bred bird or an Easter egger. You'll likely have a funky mixed comb and the pullets will have the potential to lay greenish eggs.

As donrae said, depends somewhat on if you have an EE or a true Ameraucana, which is more predictable.

Something weirder could happen. I have a hen who came from a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte rooster over blue Ameraucana hen. It was the classic "rooster invades the wrong flock" scenario. Rita has blue underfluff, is deep red with some ticking and some lacing and she has a single comb and lays brown eggs.

I was very confused about the single comb until genetics gurus told me that when you put a rose comb over a pea comb, about 25% of the birds come out with single combs.

This is redheaded Rita Hayworth, whose heritage would be hard to guess if you didn't know. She hatched from a bright blue egg.

In this photo, you can see her slate blue underfluff.

Last edited:
I have a pure ameraucana rooster and a golden laced wyandotte hen which I'm trying to breed.

Back
Top Bottom