Americauna?

So what does that mean? Is that why my little baby looks like a chipmunk? Since i posted this, another chipmunk chick has hatched.
It means that she may not lay the blue eggs that you may be expecting her to lay. Easter Eggers are more of a 'type' than a breed. With an Ameraucana, you know exactly what you are getting in terms of production, rate of development, coloring, and egg color. With an Easter Egger, there are no such guarantees.

It means that she may not lay the blue eggs that you may be expecting her to lay. Easter Eggers are more of a 'type' than a breed.
With an Ameraucana, you know exactly what you are getting in terms of production, rate of development, coloring, and egg color. With an Easter Egger, there are no such guarantees.

Oh ok. Well if these chicks are hers, then she is not laying blue eggs. They have both hatched from light brown/pinkish eggs.

I also got this hen from the same woman i got the easter egger from. She said she is a cochin. Do you know if she is? As far as i know, she isnt laying yet. They were 6months when i bought them, ive had them about 2 months now.

Oh ok. Well if these chicks are hers, then she is not laying blue eggs. They have both hatched from light brown/pinkish eggs.

I also got this hen from the same woman i got the easter egger from. She said she is a cochin. Do you know if she is? As far as i know, she isnt laying yet. They were 6months when i bought them, ive had them about 2 months now.
Splash Cochin, very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom