Americaunas ? EEs ? Beautiful Chicks. PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wpalmisano, Oct 11, 2010.

1. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    I raise game birds and Coturnix quail but my DW has expressed great interest in eating quail eggs and wanted a few hens. I went onto Ebay and ordered 12 Americauna hatching eggs for 4.99 plus 10 or 12 bucks for shipping all the way from California. She sent (dirtgirl824) 12+1 beautiful blue EGGS AND 6 HATCHED AND THEY ARE GORGEOUS CHICKS. If I knew they were this good looking I would have done this before. Don't care if they are EEs or Americauna, ( I know the arguments, read them on the forums) but I don't have experience with anything other than game birds. Any information would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update Spring 2011. This is what they look like now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Easter Eggers.

Either way though, if you like em, then it's all fine. [​IMG] Just a note though for future reference - NEVER trust Ebay auctions of Ameraucana hatching eggs. . .

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Adorable little Easter Eggers! Love those fuzzy cheeks!

4. Cat's Coop

Cat's Coop Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2010
    North Fort Worth, Texas
    EE's for sure. You will not be disappointed. [​IMG]

5. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    They're mufftaskic! very cute.

6. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Adorable is what they are! You will love them. EE are always fun because you never know exactly what they will feather out to look like.

7. franklinchickens

franklinchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    I had a similar thing happen with a local breeder - thought I was getting Ameracauna's (his suggestion) but got EE's. Love them. They are super friendly, really pretty and good layers. My Violet looked just like one of yours in the pics and she's beautiful. As long as you want pretty blue & green eggs and friendly hens - EE's are fantastic. Our EE girls jump on our laps and love to be pet.
    Here's mine all grown up (or close to it - they've feathered out quite a bit more since these pics 2 months ago):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    They are EE's. My EE is extremely friendly, and will fly up onto my arm to be the first to get treats. She was also my best layer during winter last year. And just so you know ahead of time, EE's can lay any color egg from blue or green to brown. Just so you are not expecting them all to lay blue eggs. [​IMG]

9. wpalmisano

wpalmisano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    Connecticut
    Quote:Nice, I'd be happy if they look that good.

10. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    You'll never pay 4.99 for a dozen Ameraucana eggs.

They look just like my EE chicks. Ain't nothing wrong with EE's, the colours are fantastic! Congrats on the new additions [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by