An Ameraucana or an E.E.???

mav3rick

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 2, 2013
I purchased this roo, before some months, like an Ameraucana but I'm not sure now. I think that the comb isn't as it have to... Any help please???

Thanks for the answer ramirezframing. But is it possible to "make" the comb of the offsprings, using an english type lavender ameraucana hen?

Last edited:
Ok, I know that the European type araucana is different than the US araucana, I don't know if the European type ameraucana is different then the US type. Let me know if it is please. But I would guess you could breed them and once the chicks are mature take the smallest combed ones and breed them back to a english type ameraucana. Keep this up and it should shrink the comb size down, but I don't know how long you would have to do this back breeding. I would go the easy route and just get some more lavender english type ameraucanas
tongue.png

Hope this helps you

Thanks a lot. It' s very kind of you to help me. Here is a photo from my English type lavender araucana... I know the easy route too but I'm from Greece and it's very difficult to find true to type ameraucana here...

Last edited:
Those actually look like the European type of araucanas, since they have a small crest. If you can, see if you can find a solid black ee to use, than you might not end up with any other colors but black splits. After enough breeding back to the lavenders (whether to your hens or your rooster) you will end up with lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom