an off topic, less moderated 18+ section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, lets take a breath and settle down, alright?
I know this is getting heated, but lets not argue, alright? We are all 13+, act your age, and be kind.

I, personally don't want a section like that for many reasons.
One, its a chicken forum. Politics, Religion, ect belong on other sites, not here. I'm not saying you can't have a religious quote or be religious, but religious discussion has no place on a chicken forum.
Two, its a child friendly site. We have to remain mature and child friendly, alright?

So can we please stop fighting?

Thank you! Have a good day.

Some forums allow certain things, some don't... thats why there are other forums. I like this one because I can talk about poop. Dealing with managing and even turning poop into a profit is a legit chicken topic. If I go to other places on the internet, even places that allow adult topics they would run me off if I talk about chicken poop. It's just the way things are. If BYC allowed everything then it wouldn't be BYC anymore. Don't get me wrong I have tons of dirty jokes using double entendres when talking about my cats and male chickens. I usually slip into a character, that of a naive little school boy not even realizing the other meanings for what he calls his pets. It makes old ladies on other parts of the internet laugh as I tell stories about these pets even though they normally hate dirty jokes. Some of them are even true encounters of my chickens and cats and I find a way to make it sound funny... but its not appropriate for children so Its just not done here. There are so many avenues for such creativities on the internet.

I do realize that cyberspace is shrinking and there are serious censorship issues going on but BYC isn't trying to control you or what you say.. Its just a neighborhood in the global cyber city where such topics just aren't welcome. Just like certain enterprises are not allowed to open up next to a school or church.

Some forums allow certain things, some don't... thats why there are other forums. I like this one because I can talk about poop. Dealing with managing and even turning poop into a profit is a legit chicken topic. If I go to other places on the internet, even places that allow adult topics they would run me off if I talk about chicken poop. It's just the way things are. If BYC allowed everything then it wouldn't be BYC anymore. Don't get me wrong I have tons of dirty jokes using double entendres when talking about my cats and male chickens. I usually slip into a character, that of a naive little school boy not even realizing the other meanings for what he calls his pets. It makes old ladies on other parts of the internet laugh as I tell stories about these pets even though they normally hate dirty jokes. Some of them are even true encounters of my chickens and cats and I find a way to make it sound funny... but its not appropriate for children so Its just not done here. There are so many avenues for such creativities on the internet.

I do realize that cyberspace is shrinking and there are serious censorship issues going on but BYC isn't trying to control you or what you say.. Its just a neighborhood in the global cyber city where such topics just aren't welcome. Just like certain enterprises are not allowed to open up next to a school or church.
*calls 1-800-poopaholic’s*
:ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom