an off topic, less moderated 18+ section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I have made no errors.

it says specifically in the forum rules to avoid sensitive subjects like religion. its not my rule but i do believe if you are going to have a rule it should be enforced equally.

I think they honestly try to do that. This site is a large site with many posts to follow. Some things get reported some not. I don’t think you can change the rules just abide them. I do believe the site can be educational so I may object to Shadrach’s comment on that particular point but otherwise use the forum according to the rules defined and can’t go wrong. I still have not read anything of religious content but some things can be missed and I do not look for that here.

iu-44.jpeg

I think you are making some fundamental errors.
This site hasn’t at any time represented itself as a democracy. Someone owns the site and therefor sets the rules. Don’t like, then don’t use it.

If religious content direct or implied was banned 80% of the members here would be effected. Don’t like it then ignore it.

This site is about chickens and the ethos is this is a happy friendly environment where you can come and talk about your pets and have fun with like minded people. It isn’t set up as adult or educational.
:goodpost:

its interesting to me that the decision was made in minutes, how can an informed decision that directly affects so many people be seriously contemplated in such a short amount of time.. would be cool if we could vote on it.

Seriously? If I said, "hey, do you want to be stabbed", I'm sure you could make that decision pretty quickly based on years of knowing "Pain sucks... sharp pointy things inside my body causes pain."

We've been doing forum management longer than some of our members have been alive.

Let that sink in a bit.

We're not saying we're perfect at this, but please don't so casually dismiss our experience and deep knowledge of online communities, and ESPECIALLY what's best for BYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom