Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
Hello! I thought it about time I added pics of my lovely Freckles now that she's almost grown up. :) She hatched on 17th December so I guess she's about 18 weeks old now. She has a lovely nature and gets on really well with her coop-mates. Shown here with Lacey the Light Sussex and Cinnamon the Welsummer.

Hello! I thought it about time I added pics of my lovely Freckles now that she's almost grown up. :) She hatched on 17th December so I guess she's about 18 weeks old now. She has a lovely nature and gets on really well with her coop-mates. Shown here with Lacey the Light Sussex and Cinnamon the Welsummer.
Pretty! So are the others, too! What is the brown/gold on the left?

Such a pretty girl :)

The one on the left is a Welsummer, and the little dark head poking through at the far left is Nutmeg, our Barnevelder. When the four are all ranging together they are such a pretty lot! <3

Hi I finally found the Ancona thread. I only have 1 right now but would LOVE to get more. Of all our chicks ( 9 weeks old now - 24 of them) my fave is our Ancona. She comes right us to the kids and I and is perfectly content being carried and picked up. When we bend down she quickly jumps on our shoulder. Here are a few pics. Her name is Speckles and is my DS's favorite chick also.

Last edited:
I read a post quite a few pages back about someone asking if Ancona's were flighty. I cant find the post again so here is my response lol.

yuckyuck.gif

Hi Apyl!!

Haha - oh yeah my AC loves to fly up - particularly to get on my back. I have to watch it around her or the next thing I know she's standing on my head! She also loves to be petted - not sure why she's become so lovey dovey because she used to avoid me. Maybe she's getting ready to lay soon? That would be nice as she's turning 39 weeks this Weds!

I read a post quite a few pages back about someone asking if Ancona's were flighty. I cant find the post again so here is my response lol.

Back
Top Bottom