Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
This is great. I assume the black dot you are refering to is the very faded patch lower down in the picture towards the feet. If you get a better picture of it please post. I would also love to hear if yellow house farm is also seeing the faded black dot. Please post another picture or two if you have it. Thanks so much.

Last edited:

After reading through the thread a little bit, I'm pretty sure I have a pullet but she is so loud! It's almost like she is crowing but not really? Is this normal? I have 2 they are 9 weeks but only one of them makes the noise.

Last edited:

After reading through the thread a little bit, I'm pretty sure I have a pullet but she is so loud! It's almost like she is crowing but not really? Is this normal? I have 2 they are 9 weeks but only one of them makes the noise.
Looks like you got 1 rooster and 1 pullet, but I am not sure.

My Ancona bantam with chicks. She has 2 buff leghorn bantams, 1 of her own and an Ancona x Ancona bantam chick.

The 2 buff chicks

The Ancona x Ancona bantam chick, black dot --> male/rooster/cock

The Ancona bantam chick, no black dot --> female/hen/pullet

Hi everyone. Thanks sander b for the tip on the black dot. I can't wait till my anconas are old enough to start breeding to check it out for myself.

Thanks again Sander B for posting. The second set of pictures you posted is really clear for locating the black dot.
Just wondering, how do your ladies do for egg laying. Are you happy with the amount of eggs they lay?

Thanks again Sander B for posting. The second set of pictures you posted is really clear for locating the black dot.
Just wondering, how do your ladies do for egg laying. Are you happy with the amount of eggs they lay?
My standard hen lays every day, so just as good as a layinghybrid. My bantam has now chicks so doesn´t lay at all, but I think she lays every 2 days.

As you can see, the black dot can be very small but it also can be like 10 times this size.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom