Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
I bet you are excided. I wish you lived closer.
Steven
I'm super excited - it's spring in Australia so this is my first hatch of the year. I've also got 28 eggs in my incubator and I'm waiting on my second incubator to arrive so I can do tandem hatches all spring/summer long. >.>

Problem? What problem? <.< I don't have a problem!!

I'm super excited - it's spring in Australia so this is my first hatch of the year. I've also got 28 eggs in my incubator and I'm waiting on my second incubator to arrive so I can do tandem hatches all spring/summer long. >.>

Problem? What problem? <.< I don't have a problem!!
I Love incubating eggs. I wish I could get some Ancona eggs but no one around here has that breed. I will have to wait till around Feb. to order chicks. I incubate year around as long as I have eggs. When my hens stop laying my friends bring me their eggs. I have a good hatch rate most of the time. I never know what we are hatching here.
Steve

I Love incubating eggs. I wish I could get some Ancona eggs but no one around here has that breed. I will have to wait till around Feb. to order chicks. I incubate year around as long as I have eggs. When my hens stop laying my friends bring me their eggs. I have a good hatch rate most of the time. I never know what we are hatching here.
Steve
I got lucky and found a lady with day-old Anconas and Golden Spangled Hamburgs last year but I haven't been able to get ahold of her since. :( Pity, I love my birds and want more. My Ancona roo in particular is gorgeous and is a great flock leader and very gentlemanly with the ladies, always offering them food first and keeping them safe.

I got lucky and found a lady with day-old Anconas and Golden Spangled Hamburgs last year but I haven't been able to get ahold of her since. :( Pity, I love my birds and want more. My Ancona roo in particular is gorgeous and is a great flock leader and very gentlemanly with the ladies, always offering them food first and keeping them safe.
I was reading about different breeds and ran across the Ancona Breed. From then on I have been trying to find some. They are a beautiful and some what rare breed. They have not changed in over a hundred years. They are truly a heritage breed. In Feb. or March I will be able to order chicks. So I guess I must wait. I was hoping to find some sooner. And I really tried to find some with no luck. I know my wait will be well worth it.
I am excided for you. Post some pictures when you get a chance. I hope your hatch rate goes well.
Steven

My ancona pullet started layed today at 5 months.

If Yellow House has chicks available in 2016, recommend them also
, Joseph raises Rosecomb Ancona's ,……Healthiest chicks i have ever brought home….Love the breed, super self sufficient, beautiful and has a good meat ratio also for an egg bird….

This this one is six weeks old and I think and Ancona. Any chance it's a hen? I'm having bag luck with my recent batch of chicks. They all seem to be roosters!

Back
Top Bottom