Ancona Chicken Thread

Pics
Here are some pics of my 6 month old Anconas
72239_913_004.jpg

72239_913_001.jpg

Does anyone have rosecomb Ancona eggs for sale? One of my cochins has gone broody.

Quote:
I like the look of your roo.
smile.png

Quote:
This! WI winter is just too hard on big combs. Now, if I were able to use a rosecomb roo over rosecomb and single comb hens, would one comb type be dominant, or would it still produce both types?

My month old female Ancona has bright blue eyes. I wish I could post a pic but, despite being on BYC for several months, I'm still not authorized to post pics
sad.png
Has anyone else seen an Ancona with blue eyes?

Quote:
smile.png

Quote:
This! WI winter is just too hard on big combs. Now, if I were able to use a rosecomb roo over rosecomb and single comb hens, would one comb type be dominant, or would it still produce both types?

The rose combs are the way to go. There's a chance we'll be shipping chicks in the spring.

In reality it's not a good time to be setting eggs. Your birds will not grow out properly because of temperature.

Quote:
smile.png

Quote:

The rose combs are the way to go. There's a chance we'll be shipping chicks in the spring.

In reality it's not a good time to be setting eggs. Your birds will not grow out properly because of temperature.

Oh no, I'm done hatching here, waiting for spring. Bad enough I'll have a couple dozen 3-month old birds going into winter. Do you sell any hatching eggs, or just chicks?

My Ancona found a spot of high grass under the trampoline. She is mottling (There are spotted feathers EVERYWHERE and she has stopped laying for about 3 weeks now. though I think she looks pretty good for being in the middle of a molt. She loves to be scratched on the neck where she cant reach the quill feathers

Image3-7.jpg

babyrnlc, very pretty pic! Your girl doesn't look molty at all.

I've been watching those wayward-broody chicks for signs of crossing, and they still all look uniform and true to the breed. I'm guessing they're around 6 weeks. Here some of them are with mom, who is molting and sans tail feathers. Out of 8 chicks, there are 3 girls and 5 boys.

19857_ancona_chicks_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom