Ancona Ducks

Pics
As soon as we get our new, LARGE incubator up and running, we are planning on selling day-old ducklings and shipping them to buyers. We can't guarantee color - yet - but we can put you on the waiting list and make a note of which ones you prefer. Then if we can get you more of a certain color we gladly would. You can see our website for pricing. Postage prices would be around $40-$50 shipping for 10 ducklings. It's still new to us, so it's hard to get an accurate estimate.

Quote:
Yay! More Ancona's! Please let us know when you do. I like the surprise too of wondering what color
smile.png
. I like variety, which is one of the reasons I love these ducks.

I have an all white Ancona duck, who I was planning to keep in effort to bring more white and less color on my flock. Do you all think this is wise, or am I just more likely to have more all white Anconas?

This color genetics stuff gets me all sorts of confused!

I think you will be more likely to bring in all white genetics. I would try to find a male with ideal color and go from there keeping only babies that got his good color not ones that took color from their heavy marked moms.

I'm still trying to get the white genetics out of my Holderread penciled runners
barnie.gif
. Your first generation probably won't be white unless your heavy marked girls carry white, but in my experience the offspring will carry that white and when bred to other birds that also carry white out pops your whites. Not something that I would intentionally breed into my flock
wink.png
but this is just my opinion based on my experience with the white genetics.

Just set some eggs in the incubator last night. I have about 22 Ancona eggs in there and have my temps holding fairly steady in my incubator, so fingers crossed for a good hatch.
fl.gif

Good luck, Chicken Crazy!

I set a dozen ancona eggs 6 days ago, but when I candled them last night only one was growing strong, 4 are questionable, and the rest were duds. I know the bator is going well, however, because I set a dozen cayuga eggs at the same time, and 11 of the 12 are growing great, and the 12th is still a definite maybe.

At least I am 2nd on the waiting list for a dozen ancona eggs from AuroraSprings, so I'll get another chance to hatch ancona ducklings soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom