Ancona Ducks

Endangered? Not in my house!

1f60d.png

And don't worry the heat lamp is only a 15 watt bulb which keeps the inside about 80 and right under it about 93. They'll be in there till tomorrow when they go to the big brooder.

Last edited:
I was wondering if all my Anconas are going to be the standard black and white? I have read some about coloring, but some are more random while others are more symmetrical. They were hatching eggs, so I don't know their parents, haha!

I was wondering if all my Anconas are going to be the standard black and white? I have read some about coloring, but some are more random while others are more symmetrical. They were hatching eggs, so I don't know their parents, haha!

everyone appears black and white except for the 1st photo in the center between the solid colored ducklings looks like a tri color.

Last edited:
He's the one I was wondering about. Does that mean he will be a male, or are there tri-color females? Have to learn all I can! is there a good resource about the history and stuff all about Anconas?

He's the one I was wondering about. Does that mean he will be a male, or are there tri-color females? Have to learn all I can! is there a good resource about the history and stuff all about Anconas?
trip colors here are running half and half male female. It means they're lacking the extended black gene. They will be more of a mallard coloration. There is a Facebook group on Ancona and we are a wealth of knowledge and breeding advice.

trip colors here are running half and half male female. It means they're lacking the extended black gene. They will be more of a mallard coloration. There is a Facebook group on Ancona and we are a wealth of knowledge and breeding advice.

thanks! I requested to join...hopefully the right group !

Back
Top Bottom