Ancona Ducks

I used pine pellets in their house this winter. Worked very well. Kept the smell down too. Never really cleaned it so much as occasionally sweeping the larger bits out and adding more pellets.

Well im a rather new poster here, but wanted to say Hi, and that I received my first set of Ancona duck eggs the other day. They've jiggly egg cells tho. They are currently baking wide end up, in an egg carton. They are on their 3rd day today.

Cheers,
Sue

Hi all, I'd like to get an opinion of what the standard temps and humidity should be for these duck eggs. I've been round the different forums, and have done the search in the bar above, but have found various opinions on both temps and the humiditu.

I thought I'd come straight to the Ancona forum and ask here.

For Ancona duck eggs, what should be the desired temps and humidity ranges for the first couple of weeks?

Thanks greatly.

Sue

We've been breeding them for nearly 10 years and our cabinet incubator sits at 99-100 degrees and 55-65% humidity. At lockdown, we switch over to 75% humidity. Works like a charm. :)

I have 11 good ancona eggs in the incubator that are on day 15 right now. Can't wait to see what we get out of them as these are our first anconas!!! They come from a breeding stock of black, chocolate, blue, lavender, lilac, silver and tri-color anconas. 2 more weeks of impatiently waiting to see what we get.....

it all depends on the drake. In my experience, a 1 to 4 ratio works much better with the hens not getting over mated.

I have 2 males and one female left after a dachshund massacre last fall. The males definitely wear the female out. Bout to get a bunch more though cos I have right around 65 good eggs in the incubator so hopefully I can weed out a bunch of males and let my son sell them at the local birdswap.

Back
Top Bottom