And just when the Silver Appleyards Thought Spring was Near...

They sure are cute doing it. My ducks would most likely just sink down into the snow and stay there. Of course when it got deep it was frigid too.
These like you got melt better too. Those spring temps spoiled us all. We're back to winter also but only an inch or 2 of snow.

They sure are cute doing it. My ducks would most likely just sink down into the snow and stay there. Of course when it got deep it was frigid too.
These like you got melt better too. Those spring temps spoiled us all. We're back to winter also but only an inch or 2 of snow.

Little Mouse gets stuck sometimes in a hole in the snow, but for the most part they swim through it. :)

Our seven yearling silver Appleyards have become old hats at winter--true Mainers for sure! But after some VERY warm temps recently, not to mention lots of swimming and even some foraging, they were a wee bit surprised to wake up to this.

Too cute! My ducks have been surprisingly adaptable to the snow; they seem to plough right through even stuff 2/3m deep. It's really funny when the call duck I have tries that because he just gets stuck.

Back
Top Bottom