And my birthday present is.........yeahhhhh

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by English Chick, Jul 27, 2008.

1. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    It's my birthday next Sunday, and my DH told me last night that he is taking me at long last to Florence, Italy!! Just for a few days, but I am so excited, my husband is Italian and I have waited 25 years (its our anniversary in August as well) to go over to Italy, LOL, I can't believe that he is going to leave his "girls" (dairy herd) I am so looking forward to the culltural experience that is Florence.....must go shopping can't go to Italy in wellies! Has anyone else been? I will take lots and lots of pics to share......excited this will be the best birthday present ever!!!! hooray!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh what a wonderful present. I have not been to Italy since 1983 but it was wonderful! My mother's father was Italian and we visted his home town, Naples, Florence and Rome. Took trips into the countryside and just had 3 weeks of a great time. Enjoy the trip!

3. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Bonjourno Mi Amici..... thank you I will enjoy the trip...cant wait for "proper" pizza LOL

4. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Florence was absolutely one of the highlights of the trip when I travelled with a privately sponsored handbell choir there many years ago! You will LOVE IT!
    Talk about culture shock! It is as though time stood still and OMG the history hidden within! Be sure to visit all of the art galleries and museums you can! You will not regret it! And by now means try to stick to a diet! The food is to die for! Girl, you ain't had PIZZA yet!!!!

Edited to fix code

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  5. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Geez!! I'll have to tell mine he's getting off light-- I told him I wanted some chiropractic visits or a 1O pack of massages!!!!

6. MoonbeamQueen

MoonbeamQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Meadow Vista
    What a great gift! I've never been, but my mom loved it there. It's also my best friend's favorite place to vacation. She and her husband spent 2 months there a couple of years ago. Their pictures and stories had me drooling!
    Have a wonderful time, safe journey! Happy Birthday! Don't forget to come back and tell us all about it!

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    What a wonderful present! I have always dreamed of going to Italy.

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Have a wonderful time with your present!
    Happy birthday
    Happy anniversary
    See you soon!
    [​IMG]

9. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Oh, how wonderful! Have a fantastic time!

10. fivebigreds

fivebigreds Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    middle Tennessee
    WOW what a great present and i completely understand his being "married" to a herd of dairy cows . I use to milk cows and there is no such thing as a day off. Have a great time and loads of fun for me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by