And so it has begun.... Again

saltandpepper2

Songster
6 Years
Dec 4, 2013
Somewhere over the hill
My Coop
My Coop
So, today has been an interesting day! At seven thirty this morning, I found a mass on the side of the road, when I went to get a closer look, it ended up being, of all things, Puppies!! Eight precious little lived dumped on
a little used road, and I just happened to find them. Of course I wasn't going to leave them, so I brought them home. They are around 4 weeks old, and can already eat watered down food mixed with milk. I've already decided that I am keeping 2, but the rest are going to http://www.angelsrescue.org , a no kill animal shelter. Anyways, Here are some pics! this is the second time I have rescued a littler from this road ( last time it was cats) and I doubt it will be the last! This means my animal count is now 5 dogs, 4 cats, and 15 chickens! oh dear
hide.gif

Any ideas on breed/mix? also, any advice for a novice foster parent?

Look like part boxer to me.

What a world we have now…used to folks listed free puppies and gave them away.. Now they dump puppies, kittens, and babies!

Good for you, you should feel proud of yourself!

Look like part boxer to me.

What a world we have now…used to folks listed free puppies and gave them away.. Now they dump puppies, kittens, and babies!

Good for you, you should feel proud of yourself!
I was thinking they were boxer something.. maybe American Bulldog in there too? I find it absolutely horrible how people can just abandon animals, My only thought is that it might have been a breeder, and the wrong male mated with the mother... see no other reason why someone would just leave them!

And thank you, I love animals too much to ever leave one to suffer.. it's a blessing for me and the animals, and a curse on my wallet
lol.png

x2 on the part Boxer.

What cuties! And how lucky they are that a kind person such as yourself found them. Which 2 are you going to keep? Have you named them yet?

Those pups are some kind of lucky that you found them; bless you for taking care of them!

Our county requires a "breeding license;" if your dog or cat has a litter, you must get the license within a couple of weeks of the litter's birth, or face a stiff fine. Rather than risk the fine, owners of a lot of unwanted litters don't even try to rehome, they just dump the puppies or kittens in some out-of-the-way place.
sad.png

Those pups are some kind of lucky that you found them; bless you for taking care of them!

Our county requires a "breeding license;" if your dog or cat has a litter, you must get the license within a couple of weeks of the litter's birth, or face a stiff fine. Rather than risk the fine, owners of a lot of unwanted litters don't even try to rehome, they just dump the puppies or kittens in some out-of-the-way place.
sad.png
Well thank you! They truly are precious.

That could be what happened, since I've never bred any of my animals, I don't know what the specific laws are. I just find it strange that where I live both Boxers, and American Bulldogs are so popular, that I don't know why anyone wouldn't be able to find them homes.

All babies are so cute, especially when sleeping.

White one looks like a pit bull or pit mixed. They get a bad name in our area because people train them to fight and attack. I had one growing up and Pearl was the sweetest personality.

I have never bred dogs, but those 3 look like they may have had different parents?

They're all cute but that brindle...ohhh! Thank you for taking care of them and sharing them with us.

Back
Top Bottom