And the Award for Messiest Chicken Breed Goes To.... (Poll)

The Award for the Messiest Chicken Goes To

• Total voters
My Barred Rock chicks were WAY messier than my Black Australorp chicks. And I mean this in every way! They pooped more, they soaked the bedding, food EVERYWHERE, they even smelled more stinky! :lau
Sounds like they are related to my five. :gigThey seem to poop for 15- and when the water is not to their liking they turn it over and call me "hey chicken lady! the water spilled and can you please bring more croissants?"

Sounds like they are related to my five. :gigThey seem to poop for 15- and when the water is not to their liking they turn it over and call me "hey chicken lady! the water spilled and can you please bring more croissants?"
I can't help you with their issue but I can relate-I'll put their feeder in, freshly refilled, and they immediately tip it and go, 'the food spilled again! what is this madness! we need more!'

:gig Some are just real pigs! The more hyper they are, the messier they are, the more trouble makers they are. :lol:

They destroy an acre on a daily basis? How many of them are there? My flocks free range on on my property which is just under 12 acres but they mainly stay within two acres and they actually help me clean up, compost, and keep flies down.

It was said tongue in cheek mostly.
I have 12 5.5 week old birds. 1 momma. 10 30 ish week pullets and a young rooster.

The Plymouth Rocks (5.5 weeks) are, by far, into things more than the others combined. They are everywhere. Pooping and chirping happily along.

Example: walk into feed shed. All of the chickens wait outside impatiently. The chicks?? Nope. They come inside and eat whatever isn’t held down. I have styrofoam insulation stacked neatly inside. They attack it vigorously. My kids spilled a container of BB’s...... down the hatch and they were fighting to get them!

It was said tongue in cheek mostly.
I have 12 5.5 week old birds. 1 momma. 10 30 ish week pullets and a young rooster.

The Plymouth Rocks (5.5 weeks) are, by far, into things more than the others combined. They are everywhere. Pooping and chirping happily along.
Yep, Barred Rocks are tiny terrors!

My flock is mixed. I can’t tell who is doing what, but they always have a mess going on. I put food, water, and their “salad” out
(peas, alfalfa hay, cut fresh grass) and the next thing I know, the dish is turned over and the food is all over the run, they kick wood chips into their drinkers and feeders, and they just generally prefer their living quarters to be dirty and messy.

Back
Top Bottom