8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Ogden utah
We've got eggs! Well ok just one!
94514_egg_1.jpg
. And the guilty party please step foward
94514_chicken4.jpg
woot.gif

I like the idea of putting the battery in there for reference. How old is your pullet that laid the egg? I'm getting so envious of everyone getting eggs.

Quote:
I know thw waiting is hard but its been fun with the kids going andd checking every day. Just be ready because they will be ready wheather you are or not good luck.
I have 4 18 week old white leghorns, 3 black sexlinks 16 to 17 weeks, 4 aracannas 16 to 17 weeks and 2 golden sexlinks and one Black sexlink Roo that wasnt supposed tobe. I know the first egg came from a WLH........ Guess what? Just went out to take them some water mellon and there was another egg thats 2 today here we go!
woot.gif
woot.gif
weve got two now. I believe it also came from a WLH

Last edited:
Quote:
I have 4 18 week old white leghorns, 3 black sexlinks 16 to 17 weeks, 4 aracannas 16 to 17 weeks and 2 golden sexlinks and one Black sexlink Roo that wasnt supposed tobe. I know the first egg came from a WLH........ Guess what? Just went out to take them some water mellon and there was another egg thats 2 today here we go!
woot.gif
woot.gif

I'm so envious! I have 7 pullets that are 20 weeks old - and not a single egg yet! :-( I know it will happen soon, though.
Congratulations on getting TWO eggs your first day! How exciting!

Quote:
woot.gif
woot.gif

I'm so envious! I have 7 pullets that are 20 weeks old - and not a single egg yet! :-( I know it will happen soon, though.
Congratulations on getting TWO eggs your first day! How exciting!

Yup it has been Exciting and nerve racking. I think im still a week or two away from all of them laying maybe a little more for the aracannas as they are the youngest of the group. And to top it off both were in two differnt nesting boxes.. I was planning on getting some fake eggs or golf balls to put in there to help ut but maybe I wont need to now if the first few pick up on the right place tolay their emaybe hopefully the rest will. Anyway its been a long time coming the kids are so excited..

Congrats!
celebrate.gif
Isn't it just the most exciting thing to go into the coop and discover your first egg. We had several really HUGE eggs in the beginning months that were double yokers.
thumbsup.gif

You know, Leghorns get a bad rap for being a boring bird. I think they are marvelous, especially for the first time chicken owner, as you get more bang for your buck:gig They are early and faithful layers. I have 2 in my flock, and they never let me down. They are totally devoid of personality, but they make up for it every morning:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom