And this is your username because...

Well, at the time that I picked my username, I figured the bantam Dutch breed of chicken was the coolest, most awesome, favorite breed ever. And, wonder of wonders, I am a girl. Hence, Dutchgirl.

Mine is my first name and the place I live!
I changed it from "Tamra of Fort Doom" when we finally settled on a name for our home. Fort Doom was an old farmhouse we were renting when we first got our chickens. The Rainbow Vortex is what we call the house which we painted (the inside is bright and I think friendly looking... but very vivid, bold color choices!) and Nothing we measure/plan/map out seems to stay the same. Just TRY to build a shelf. The more you measure and double check, the more wrong it all gets! Plus, we are all a little weird and have diverse but open-minded views of the world. Hence, Rainbow Vortex.

Hah! Fun thread.

We named one of our "hens" (turns out to be a rooster, long story) Henny Rogers. Then when I signed up - that was to be my name...Then subconsciously I must have been distracted by a "login" name and typed Henny Loggins. What an idiot. Rogers is way cooler...but Loggins...sort of ironic.

My avatar is Hippalektryon...from Greek mythology, half Rooster, half Horse...Roosters are prophylactic as they are a symbol of solar power that routs demons with its singing at sunrise. Horses, especially winged horses, are a funerary symbol as they guide the souls of the dead. The grotesque and ugly hybrid supposedly induced laughter, thereby driving evil away.

I have always quilted and then started doing stained glass mosic. When the kids would ask what I was doing I told them "making pieces" weither I was quilting or doing glass work. Thus piecemaker

my name is a 2-way name:

1. chick, 'cause I'm a chick, N=in, pink 'cause I wear pink alot

2. 2 of my fave things..... chick+N=chicken & pink cause I love pink

NewYorkRhodeIslandRed...because I thought that's what I bought....
wink.png
Oh well...just call me NYPR for short
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom