and what color might you call THIS Ameraucana??

KatyTheChickenLady

Bird of A Different Feather
11 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Boise, Idaho
I hatched this from an egg from S&N Livestock, he hasn't been on since July - seemed like he was having some major life bumps in the road.
YES, in advance, I see the green leggs
Is this a proper color feathering? I am thinking it may change a bit more and I can't tell if it is a pullett or cockeral . . . anyone?It's 13 weeks old.
19992_blue005.jpg

19992_blue006.jpg

That is just one of the color patterns of Easter Eggers, sort of a grab bag of patterns. No name for it. She isn't Ameraucana, but she's pretty! There's no proper anything for an Easter Egger, being a crossbreed.

ETA: looks girly to me right now.

Hey you sure you didn't take that out of my Easter Egger pasture
big_smile.png
we have several all in that color range..very seldom will you get two alike-or at least I never do.
I'm not going there on the sex just because I have 2 the same age and I'm undecided on mine..one day they look pullet one day little roo...so when it crows or lays eggs I will then decide
smile.png
Or if they grow some saddle feathers I will concede to a roo
roll.png

LOL I know its an EE, am disapointed because that's not what I bought but no biggie. Iam thinking its a roo one day and a pullett the next. The comb is very red but small, and I have no others from this batch to compare to. The female in his pics was red and blue and had a pretty good comb.

Back
Top Bottom