Andalusians?

timandamy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 30, 2010
South Carolina
I have previously posted some pics of these chicks when they were younger, but am starting to suspect I was sent the wrong breed. We ordered a brown egg layer assortment plus three EE's from Meyer. I was holding out hope that these guys were the EE's and wasn't too upset that one of the pullets was a roo. However, I just realized that they have a single comb instead of a pea comb... so, are these actually blue or splash andalusians? Do you think Meyer could have mixed them up? Andalusian and Ameraucana are alphabetically close, maybe somebody grabbed from the wrong box?? Is the little red spot on the roo an earlobe? If it's an andalusian, should the earlobes be white? These are the only ones we have not id'd, and all of the others fit into the brown egg layer category...

Here's one of the (I Hope!) girls...

61894_083010_082.jpg

Here's the roo... with a WR behind him..

61894_083010_077.jpg

Oh my! Meyer really did mess up for you.......I buy small orders from them all the time because I can just drive over, and they have been 100% correct for me on breed and sexing....so this surprises me! They do look like Blue Andalusians, except that their earlobes should be very white. Maybe that comes with maturity. They also look similar to the Blue Hamburg, but the comb is wrong......

They're very pretty though! So sorry they're not what you ordered.....I'd call them and let them know.

Thanks! This is our first order, but other than this possible mix-up, we had a good experience with them. These three are very pretty, although flighty! I'm sure we'll keep them, but I was really hoping for some colored eggs! :)

yes those are Andalusian's.We have had completely wrong breeds shipped in place of what I have ordered before.He's too young to have the white really white yet..it will come in more time...we have raised many of these.Yes,the first one is a pullet and Mr Roo you already know..they don't hide very long
big_smile.png

The bright side is if all the others are brown egg layers you will have no problem figuring out which is her egg
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom