Angel wing, split wing or weird growing stage?

FeathernFins802

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2022
I am hoping someone can give me an answer. My guinea keet is a little over a week old and she looks like she has a issue with her wing.The other guinea keet doesn't have any wing issues. They're getting 18% protein chick starter.
20220325_165605.jpg

They're getting 18% protein chick starter.
That's not sufficient for gamebirds.. it needs to be higher protein gamebird starter.

Angel wing is not a thing as far as I know in guineas. It looks like a weird stage (some have a growth spurt) or also like the feather sheath just hasn't come off yet.. presuming it hasn't been pecked opr plucked by others, best I can tell from the photo.

https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/h...to-Raise-Guinea-Keets-from-Arrival-to-Outside

Guinea keets need a 24-26% protein turkey or game bird starter. It comes in at 30% protein Purina game bird and turkey starter in my area.

Hope this helps.. FWIW feathers are made from 90% protein AND it's amino acids..

Hope this helps! :fl

That's not sufficient for gamebirds.. it needs to be higher protein gamebird starter.

Angel wing is not a thing as far as I know in guineas. It looks like a weird stage (some have a growth spurt) or also like the feather sheath just hasn't come off yet.. presuming it hasn't been pecked opr plucked by others, best I can tell from the photo.

https://meyerhatchery.zendesk.com/h...to-Raise-Guinea-Keets-from-Arrival-to-Outside

Guinea keets need a 24-26% protein turkey or game bird starter. It comes in at 30% protein Purina game bird and turkey starter in my area.

Hope this helps.. FWIW feathers are made from 90% protein AND it's amino acids..

Hope this helps! :fl
Thank you so much this is my first time raising guinea keets by myself! :thumbsup

Thank you so much this is my first time raising guinea keets by myself! :thumbsup
That's why we're here, glad you found us!

The sooner you can switch, the better. :highfive:

That baby should grow into that wing. We all make mistakes, but good job looking out and asking questions. That link should give good information.. but feel free to ask if you're in doubt..

Back
Top Bottom