Angel wing.

Dark Angel

Chirping
Jun 14, 2016
Well my Pekin started showing signs of angel wing. After researching here, I wrapped his wing. Alnilam is not happy! Protein is not high, and I give them Brewers yeast. Any other advice?

Angelwing can also be caused by genetics, so it's not always too high of protein in the diet. Luckily, when caught early, it's easy to fix by wrapping. They NEVER like that part of course, but it's just for a short time so it'll be ok. ;) Just make sure blood circulation is not cut off by it being too tight, and don't leave it on for too long. How old the duckling is and how bad the angelwing is, will tell you how long it needs to be kept on. Do you have a pic of it before it was wrapped? And how old is your little one?

I'd say around 14 weeks.I noticed it over the past week and a half or so. Really when those feathers started coming in,I knew it didnt look right. I wrapped it last night, then thanks to his fellow siblings I had to rewrap it. I am keeping him separate right now. They free range during the day. Didn't think getting it wet, muddy, etc would be good.

The wrap doesn't seem to tight. His feathers just stick out alot. I watched him all night. Breathing fine, drinking, eat a little food. He is upset he is alone. Normally I would let him sit with me but I have 2 wek old Welsh Harlequins beside me now.

Also keeping him inside because it highs 90s outside. I am worried about him overheating in the wrap.

This is our kharki Campbell with a pretty bad case of angle wing. We wrapped him like you have done as a young duck which helped a bit by stopping them sticking out horizontal but didn't make a massive difference

Back
Top Bottom