Angel wing

Kporter

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2018
Ontario, Canada
im wondering if anyone knows how to avoid angel wing in hatchlings.
My first clutch of Muscovy has a high rate of it. My second and third not so much, and my forth has one. I feed them duck and Goose starter right from go and then switch to grower. I have a broody hen now and am wondering if I should do something different?

im wondering if anyone knows how to avoid angel wing in hatchlings.
My first clutch of Muscovy has a high rate of it. My second and third not so much, and my forth has one. I feed them duck and Goose starter right from go and then switch to grower. I have a broody hen now and am wondering if I should do something different?
Angel wing is not well understood and lots of things can contribute to it. Let me go look for more information or you.

Last edited:
Too much debate and not enough research..Could be from genetics too?...
Again, I mean this in the nicest way possible. :D

The point I was trying to make was that the OP has had lots of problems with angel wing and you have had a couple too, so saying "Feed starter till two weeks old and switch to Grower/finisher." isn't really gonna help. I'm not saying that how you feed is wrong, or that it causes angel wing, just that it's probably not something that should be suggested if you are having issues with angel wing.

Yes. This is what I do. I’ve read it’s caused by too much protein in the diet??
I wasn't quoting you ;). Anyways. There are two of you in this thread that "Feed starter till two weeks old and switch to Grower/finisher", yet you still have angel wing. Would it surprise you to know that I feed mine 27% turkey starter and have zero angel wing? I am not suggesting that you start feeding 27% turkey starter, but instead look at the vitamin and mineral differences between the two.

I need to go look up the vitamins and mineral that you should look into.

Back
Top Bottom