Angel wing?

Robbie3

Songster
Apr 4, 2020
Virginia
Does this look like the beginning of angel wing? If so what do I do. Hazel is 5 weeks old.

Attachments

• 5A4F47EC-1FE3-4273-8C21-C3DE0661AEDE.jpeg
    5A4F47EC-1FE3-4273-8C21-C3DE0661AEDE.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 12
Hello Sca, :welcome Your willingness to help this little fella is very admirable. :loveI did watch the video that you posted on the link to the other Angel Wing thread post.

I have treated two of our ducklings who had AW and since I am a Newbie and no expert on the flight feather blood and calcification, I am unable to give you an answer on that, sorry.

I am guessing with all the reading you have done on AW, if detected early enough as the flight feather are filled with blood and growing, it can be corrected. You said they are all bigger now and all flying except that one, I am going to say it's to late to correct the AW issue with that little guy. :(

You say they are wild waterfowl and I am guessing protected by some type of State Wildlife Agency in your area? So as much as you want to help it out, it might be unlawful for you to step in and do so. :confused: Maybe you can contact your local Wildlife Agency and speak with them about this and see if there is something they can do to help it, like a Avian Sanctuary since it's unable to fly.

It's sad, but unless the little guy can some how be rescued, he is an easy meal for a predator. :(

Starting a new thread post can also be very helpful in receiving more valuable responses. Best of luck and please keep us posted, everyone loves a happy ending. :)

Back
Top Bottom