Angel wing

If you can find a vet that will see them blood work will tell if there is a deficiency. I can’t really say if they have rickets, but that wide stance is a little unusual. I had one gosling that was a bit like that and he turned into my biggest gander so maybe it’s a growth thing, but I don’t remember my gander Helios standing with his feet that far spaced.
Hi-wanted to give an update if ok😊I apologize ahead for its length.
I’m struggling with the wrap for his Angel wing lol they keep coming off so will try wrapping around his body to help stay.
As for the hip issue-no luck there. One vet who had dr there who does see birds-cost was $184 for visit. Ouch. I’m still doing more research and reading and there’s one place I’ll call on Monday but don’t have faith that will be successful. Why are there not more vets for these type of birds?? I did want to ask you @Goosebaby about the d3 vitamin. I did offer them a little spinach and they gobbled that up. Is there a liquid d3 vit that we could directly give them? This is so frustrating because I don’t t know what’s wrong with him and like you mentioned everything needs to be given appropriately and balanced if it is Rickets or something similar but I just can’t not do anything. I read over the deficiencies in the link you posted and only thing that caught my attention was the Rickets. I’m doing what little I can although I am running out of time because the longer this goes untreated I’m afraid I’m going to lose him. I’m thinking of asking my regular vet if they can help me figure it out. Maybe do blood sample. We’ll see. They are not easy to get an appointment with. Thank you again for everything. Thank you all for ‘listening’.

Hi-wanted to give an update if ok😊I apologize ahead for its length.
I’m struggling with the wrap for his Angel wing lol they keep coming off so will try wrapping around his body to help stay.
As for the hip issue-no luck there. One vet who had dr there who does see birds-cost was $184 for visit. Ouch. I’m still doing more research and reading and there’s one place I’ll call on Monday but don’t have faith that will be successful. Why are there not more vets for these type of birds?? I did want to ask you @Goosebaby about the d3 vitamin. I did offer them a little spinach and they gobbled that up. Is there a liquid d3 vit that we could directly give them? This is so frustrating because I don’t t know what’s wrong with him and like you mentioned everything needs to be given appropriately and balanced if it is Rickets or something similar but I just can’t not do anything. I read over the deficiencies in the link you posted and only thing that caught my attention was the Rickets. I’m doing what little I can although I am running out of time because the longer this goes untreated I’m afraid I’m going to lose him. I’m thinking of asking my regular vet if they can help me figure it out. Maybe do blood sample. We’ll see. They are not easy to get an appointment with. Thank you again for everything. Thank you all for ‘listening’.
Human vitamins work just as well, if you can find a pharmacy, health food store, or order off amazon vitamin D3 tablets can be crushed into a powder and put into water.

Back
Top Bottom