Angel Wing?

Looks like the start of aw to me. One of mine got it as well. I personally think it's more genetic than with the protein content. All of mine got the same thing, flock raiser, only one got it. I caught it early like you are and it was fixed in a day. It was actually really easy to wrap because they are so little you don't have to fight them as much.

That's really good to hear. She's the only one that has it, everyone else's wings are tucking up properly. I'm thinking it's just because she's so darn big and grew so fast. She towers over the other three.

0.jpg

All wrapped up! First attempt was a bust, we got it too tight. Unwrapped her and re-wrapped her a bit looser, and things are going much better. She completely panicked when we started to wrap her the first time, which is one of the reasons it didn't go well. Poor baby. It HAD to be the duck that hates being handled!

On the positive side, the second time went much more smoothly, and she was pretty calm through the whole thing. Second wrapping went off without a hitch.

We have also learned that Harley does NOT like to be separated from her big sister. Ever.

We re-wrapped her tonight, her old wrap was looking a little snug - because, holy cow, ducks grow fast!

Her wings look better already, so we'll probably keep the wrap on until Friday and see how it looks then. She's doing well, and has adapted to the wrap. Nobody is shunning her, which is a good thing. Her buddy Harley snuggles up next to her.

We used black wrap this time, and it seems to go over better with the rest of the ducks. Yellow must be too bright to resist!

We also have no idea what happened to a couple of the pieces of tape. I've looked everywhere. I'm hoping nobody ate one, but nobody's acting sick or "off", so we may have gotten lucky.

Duck Pile.

Everyone is snuggled up next to her, and her buddy Harley is right there with her. It's like they're teaming up to make her feel better.

Update on the angel wing: FIXED!

Her wings are in perfect position now. We wrapped her for about 4 days, and that's all it took. I'm keeping a close eye on her to make sure it doesn't happen again, but so far things are looking great.

0.jpg

Update on the angel wing: FIXED!

Her wings are in perfect position now. We wrapped her for about 4 days, and that's all it took. I'm keeping a close eye on her to make sure it doesn't happen again, but so far things are looking great.

YES!!!!!
wee.gif
She looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom