Angeline: the Bad Bun Chronicles

What breed do you think Fifi is?
2E4B639F-EDE9-444A-872D-9711850925D9.jpeg

She’s got really small ears compared to Gee

What breed do you think Fifi is?
View attachment 3166518
She’s got really small ears compared to Gee
She looks like a BUD, a netherlands dwarf who doesn't inherit dwarfing genes, she's got the face, ears, and body of an ND, but bigger proportions.
She may also be a mixed rabbit who inherited color from one parent and structure from another, like if she were a petite or red ND crossed with a blanc de hotot.

here's a picture of my ND for comparison.
she's an older doe
IMG_20220220_100130385_HDR~2.jpg

Her nephew as a baby
IMG_20220308_181058605~2.jpg

She looks like a BUD, a netherlands dwarf who doesn't inherit dwarfing genes, she's got the face, ears, and body of an ND, but bigger proportions.
She may also be a mixed rabbit who inherited color from one parent and structure from another, like if she were a petite or red ND crossed with a blanc de hotot.

here's a picture of my ND for comparison.
she's an older doe
So she’s too big?
So cute!:love

Proportionately yes, she could still be proper weight tho. How much does she weigh?
Hmmmm.. does this look right?:lau
80EB7E95-9D52-4C5D-9118-7A403577442E.jpeg

I'm not able to breed proper NDs in my current barn and I don't want to hurt the breed.
Weird question, but how is that possible?

Last edited:
Hmmmm.. does this look right?
View attachment 3166547
Maybe🤔
Coffee has not kicked in yet.
No I don't think that's right😟
IDK
😵
Weird question, but how is that possible?
They're supposed to have little ears, but ears are also for cooling, so when it's hot the babies grow longer ears. My barn isn't climate controled, not yet at least, but for now I think another breeder with a better barn could do well with my stock.

Back
Top Bottom