Animal abuse?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking animals that do not belong to you in the middle of the night is stealing, tresspassing (if on private property), and vigilantism. All are things our legal system protect against for a reason. Much, much better options are either offering to take animals off someone's hands, buying them (has some issues), or better yet, going through proper channels as the OP has just done. I've seen way too many a person have a properly cared for pet stolen from their own yards because someone decided it was "lost" or "abused".

SO agreed! Not everyone has the same idea of pet care and its best to let an official decide if its ok or not. I am confident when the official makes his reappearance he will not be happy for the birds are in worse shape as their coop is not weather proof and is a mud pit after the rain we got, birds were even still wet today and muddy, not just some dirt on them I mean , kids shoes an inch thick with mud after playing in mud puddles, muddy. They are eating moldy rations as they store the feed outdoor in a plastic tub. It has thick white fuzzy mold growing on it and the kids are made to feed it anyway. I babysat one of the girls this weekend and she was to care for animals while the dad and girlfriend was out of town and she asked if I could come see what it was because the woman told her it was just dust on the feed and she was to put it in their bowl and if it was spoiled then they wouldnt eat it. I hope these birds can be saved and that it is not too late.

Gomes-- I have offered a few times to buy the birds and they claim they want the birds and are doing just fine... That is what has led me to doing this this way.

I can't believe they're feeding them moldy food! ahhh, I just had to rake out my chicken run because it rained suddenly yesterday and the food that was on the ground had that white fluffy mold on it. They won't eat that crap, they walk around it. So even though they're trying to feed them, they're still starving because they aren't going to eat that. Hopefully the guy will come very soon, it was a holiday yesterday. So maybe that put it off another day. I hope that he sees the moldy gross food, that should be a deal breaker. I'm glad something is being done, it just needs to hurry up! I'm in this for the instant gratification today!

I can't believe they're feeding them moldy food! ahhh, I just had to rake out my chicken run because it rained suddenly yesterday and the food that was on the ground had that white fluffy mold on it. They won't eat that crap, they walk around it. So even though they're trying to feed them, they're still starving because they aren't going to eat that. Hopefully the guy will come very soon, it was a holiday yesterday. So maybe that put it off another day. I hope that he sees the moldy gross food, that should be a deal breaker. I'm glad something is being done, it just needs to hurry up! I'm in this for the instant gratification today!
Oh I hope it is soon... Hopefully you are right, he was delayed and he will come tomorrow. If the birds do eat it cause they are so hungry and need something it will make them sick and possibly kill them since they are not taken care of properly. Yes I raked mine out cause we got the rain fri and sat, it was a mess. More rain on the way so my coop and run are covered by a huge tarp to hopefully keep it dryer..

Taking animals that do not belong to you in the middle of the night is stealing, tresspassing (if on private property), and vigilantism. All are things our legal system protect against for a reason. Much, much better options are either offering to take animals off someone's hands, buying them (has some issues), or better yet, going through proper channels as the OP has just done. I've seen way too many a person have a properly cared for pet stolen from their own yards because someone decided it was "lost" or "abused".

Sorry, i ment it as a joke....

Oh I hope it is soon... Hopefully you are right, he was delayed and he will come tomorrow. If the birds do eat it cause they are so hungry and need something it will make them sick and possibly kill them since they are not taken care of properly. Yes I raked mine out cause we got the rain fri and sat, it was a mess. More rain on the way so my coop and run are covered by a huge tarp to hopefully keep it dryer..

I'm covering mine with a tarp in the morning, it rained all evening and its a mud hole out there. I think its monsoon season here in SC. hahaha. Keeping my fingers crossed for AG guy to come tomorrow!

Sorry, i ment it as a joke....
Yes dont worry alot of us have been joking about taking the animals in order to free them from their torture.. Maybe some joking more than others....
duc.gif
It is a cruel life for those birds and someone needs to set them free. We all know we wouldnt trespass, steal, vandalize, and lie which would get us in trouble to were we couldnt take care of our own birds let alone children. Sometimes people go bananas after reading anyone post "take" or "steal". We are all looking out for others, dont worry,, anybody else that may read those words,,, no one is going to steal or take the birds... unless we hire someone from a different state, change our names, and open a new bank account
ep.gif

Any sign of the AG guy today?
Have they been trying to make the living conditions for the chickens better, in the anticipation of the AG guys arrival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom