Animal Control visited me today, of all days!

Is there someone on BYC that lives near you that could go on your behalf? or another chicken owner or better yet all the chicken owners?

A asked the city councilman today right after the officer left about grandfathering me in if I was legal at this time. He implied that I would have only until January 1st to make my Sofie's choice and get rid of all but 4.

I think I need to get some legal help. Money is nonexistent for me as I am living on less than $9000 a year right now. But maybe somebody in Washington or Grays Harbor County can steer me to some free legal help. I will post that in the Where are you area now. Only problem with posting in the Washingtonians are is that not many see it. And then it is so far down the thread that it is not seen again. So I hope the powers that be don't mind.

I have tried to get some support around here through BYC and by putting an ad in the paper to form a local chicken group. Nobody on BYC wants to come out of hiding if they live in town. Others live out of town and don't feel the problem involves them.

Ms. Janette Saxton is the State of Washington 2009 Ms. Wheelchair, she represents ALL people with disabilities and resides in Lakewood. The only web site I have is the National Organization...
www.mswheelchairamerica.org Ms. Judy Hoit, President
And don't forget and get a hold of Andy..."The Chicken Whisper"...his group can write letters and emails in support of your problem.
Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
That is a good idea. I will do that! I will have some fight left in me in a couple of days. I will do it then. Of course, by then they will have voted on it.

There was an article, but it was about a man that has 80 chickens and uses them to supplement his income. So not much sympathy from most people. In fact it may have made the issue not as sympathetic as if it had been just those of us planning to have a flock of less then 20.

Don't give up. Get angry and USE your anger to write a letter, make some phone calls. You can use your brain and your voice if you can't get out of the house. Make the case as with seeing eye dogs that your chickens help your physical and mental health!! Make it sound like they are taking away your phyical and mental support!

HappyHatch'en :

Ms. Janette Saxton is the State of Washington 2009 Ms. Wheelchair, she represents ALL people with disabilities and resides in Lakewood. The only web site I have is the National Organization...
www.mswheelchairamerica.org Ms. Judy Hoit, President
And don't forget and get a hold of Andy..."The Chicken Whisper"...his group can write letters and emails in support of your problem.
Good Luck!!!

Can somebody get Andy to email me so I can just respond and don't have to try to figure out how to get in touch with him please. I know it doesn't make sense, but I can't make decisions well now. Even deciding which buttons to hit on an unfamiliar site are hard for me when I am like I am right now.

Silly I know. But I feel comfortable with you all because I know that you feel for me. When I travel away from this site, by stress level makes it impossible for me to think straight. That sounds lame! I can't explain it.​

Quote:
Unfortunately. They are. And using my brain is the problem when I am like this. But I know what you mean. I know in a couple of days I will be able to get my body to calm down, and will be able to at least talk to someone about it. Maybe I will steer them to this topic. I have said a lot of things that I will forget by then.

It is sort of like trying to find something in pea soup. I know if was right there and I know it made sense. But now it is out of site and I can't remember what it was.... But it was a really good point. (That is how my brain works a lot of the time.) And the harder I try to find it in my head, the more upset I get. And eventually I am just too tired to keep trying.

That's how I feel right now. I don't want to give up. I know it is my survival on a lot of levels, but it is hard to keep going when you can't even say what it is that is important. Where is the mind meld when you need it, HUH???

You all have been very patient with me. I really appreciate it. But I know I am off in neverland right now and not making sense. So I have to go and let you get back to your lives. Thanks all.

I just wanted to come back and let all know that I am doing fine. I guess you all know why it is not a good idea for me to have gone to the meeting tonight besides the physical reasons. I need an edit button that somebody can push when I am upset. I am like one giant hormonal reaction. Another unfortunate part of the whole autonomic nervous system disorder thing is hormones and adrenaline that just can't seem to find a place to vent out. So they tend to spew out like a volcano at whomever is close.

Anyway. Sorry for the emotional outburst. And Thanks for trying to assist. It is really quite embarrassing.

I am going to come back to this and record all of your ideas and helpful advise tomorrow. The sun will come up and it will be a much nicer day to today, I am sure.

Take care all. And thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom