Animal cruelty? Ducks with no drinking water... *Furious*

No questions. Thank you for caring about those poor neglected animals.
hugs.gif
As others have said, most people would have said nothing and taken no action. The one woman sounds like an imbecile that isn't fit to grow mushrooms, much less living, breathing animals. Part of the reason crap like that continues to go on at these swaps is because nobody says anything (don't want to step on anyone's toes - don't want to make waves), therefore it's seen as acceptable to cram 8 birds in a 2 bird cage, to make them suffer in the heat with no shade, to NOT keep them hydrated, etc.
smack.gif

Quote:
clap.gif
You said it the best! I think people have become way too numb to seeing such things at the events, myself. If you take a moment to listen to the average non-farm animal keeping public who walks in, they are not so numbed to this sort of thing and there are those of them who don't take to it very kindly. I personally feel it is incumbent on those of us who keep animals to not project the sort of impression the OP is talking about, regardless of what the facts are or are not. It would have been very easy for the seller of the birds to have a cup of water visible to where people could see that the birds were being cared for, and to set something up so that they have some shade. Why people want to try to sell animals and give the impression they are uncared for is beyond me...it's a bad way of doing business and I think it's just laziness. Who wants to buy something that looks uncared for? Yeah, people will buy it out of feeling bad, but why not have the birds at their best?

Back
Top Bottom