Animal protein in Nutrena Country 16% Layer Feed?

Roo Boy

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Ohio
Does it contain animal proteins? Any thoughts on this feed? I'm not able to find much about on here.

If you are looking for animal protein in feed, two of the ones I use have some--Southern States 20% Rockin Rooster Growth Booster pellets and Red A Feeds 16% Layer both have it, and I have found the quality good.

Last edited:
Fred’s idea is probably the best. Contact them and ask. I’ve done that with Purina before.

If you can get a look at the label, it should have a list of ingredients as well as guaranteed analysis. The Dumors that I use lists animal protein products as the fourth ingredient but I’ve seen posts on here where that was not on the label for some Dumors in other parts of the country.

Took a while for a response, but they did get back to me. Apparently it depends where the feed is made. I guess the different mills that make the Nutrena blends may have animal proteins available to mix in the feed. I recently have tried the Country Feed layer crumbles, and I really like the results so far. Eggs are looking and tasting yummy, hens gobble the crumbles up like mad, and a lot less poo to clean up.

Back
Top Bottom