Annie, my gsd mix

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
I love this crazy dog. She was a rescue at 3 years old. She is the size of a blue healer, but looks like a german shepherd. She is so smart and funny.

The last few months we have been able to leave her out with the chickens while they free range. She seems to think if I come outside, she needs to herd them to the coop.

So I hear a squak today and look outside and there is a hawk on the coop. I came out and the hawk flew off (it was a smaller one, the size of the chickens, we got some huge ones).

I look at Annie who is across the yard from the coop and said, "Why arent you guarding the chickens. She looks at me and runs over and proceeds to put all the chickens in the coop (but 3 that were off to the other side of the yard she did not see). It took her like one minute to get them all in. Then ran to me.

I have never trained her at all. One day mom and I were herding them all into the coop and annie was out there and helped on onside (by accident) and I praised her, ever since, she has made it her job.

aweee what a smart lil baby! my white german shepherd does the same thing, just with my mini horses.....
lol

wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom