Annie's thread- Five puppies! LOTS of PICS on page 10!

So glad everything went well and all the pups made it. I'm sure you will find homes for them. So happy for you!
big_smile.png

The pups are doing good, I was at my moms overnight and most of today, DH was with the pups. Our kitchen scale came today, I love it! It measures in oz, grams, kilograms, or pounds, I picked ounces. According to it one puppy the noisy blue girl (though she is now no collar) has lost weight, it read 11.80 oz. Though as the pup moves the weight moves, I tried to wait till they settled a bit on it, but Annie gets nervous and starts whining especially if the pup is whining. Also the other scale was not as accurate (it was not digital, and it had such a small surface it was hard to keep the bowl with a wiggly pup balanced on it, we have been putting that pup and the Red pup (first one born) on as often as possible, I will be carefully watching the weights though, just in case.
Here are weights from yesterday with old scale and today with accurate scale in ounces.

Puppy - 6/10/11 - 6/11/11
Red 12 12.41
Green 12 1/2 13
No collar 11 1/2 11.80
Blue(boy) 12 14.00
Orange 12 13.00

I am eagerly waiting to see the results of tomorrows weigh in. Any suggestions on how to keep them still would be appreciated.

My Anne was so glad to see me today, made me feel good, I was thinking she was so absorbed with the pups she didn't even notice I was gone, but she got up and was licking me, whining and jumping all over! I took her out for a short walk around the yard, gave her a can of Iam's,from Theisens ( I can't find any GREAT canned food around, she is refusing the taste of the wild, as well as the taste of the wild in chicken broth, I have a can of MAX for tomorrow, and talked to the pet store that I buy my dry food from,they don't carry canned as not much of a demand for it, (they are a small family run store but great people, they also buy rabbits and occasionally G. pigs from us) She said she could order me a case of whatever kind of canned food I wanted, but gave me three free rolls of Natural Balance Dog food, she said its a great quality dog food, I plan to google in soon, but will see if she eats it, then I will just Order a large role of it, so if anyone has any reviews of it let me know. She said it would be cheaper to just buy one big roll of that then a case of taste of the wild or chicken soup for the soul canned foods. I will offer her the first roll in the morning, unless someone suggests tonight?, they are only 2.75oz., then I will call her and let her know what I want so she can order it.

I have the heat pad on under their blanket, Which is still tucked securely and flat, I bought another large one today (101 dalmatians! lol) to use when this one is in the wash. They haven't been on the heat pad much, so I am guessing they are warm enough, they are very quiet most the time, except when arguing about a teat or when mom gets up or down. The nosiest is still the no collar girl(was the blue girl) she has been a whiner since she first came out!

Blue Beagle Those are ADORABLE pups, how old are they? We are still working on names for the little ones.

I heard the advice on the collars, but I have also heard and read otherwise, including from some very knowledgeable breeders from the UK, my books say just to keep an eye on them every day to make sure they are loose enough, so for now I will leave them on, I am sure in a couple days I will know for sure who is who, but right now, the collars make it easy, and honestly to a point the no collar and the green girl look a lot alike.

Well Natural balance rolls are rated at 2 star wet dog food, so I think I will go a head and see the price difference between blue buffalo canned and taste of the wild canned as both are 4 star. Looking at prices and comparing to the list of five star dog foods, Daves Natural and Canidae are both cheaper $18.99 and $19.99 for a case of 12 cans and are on the five star list. I may try one of those, any suggestions appreciated.

I have one pup, the red one, that does not like being with the others, She is always on the opposite side of the pool, She is usually on or next to the heat pad, but as far from the rest of them and mom as is possible, I keep putting her back with the others, but is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom