Annie's thread- Five puppies! LOTS of PICS on page 10!

I am happy with the five, and they are so cute, such unusual markings on two of the girls.

This is a lot of pictures. I was having fun playing with them, but the memory card on the camera is full now so I have to delete some. That will be later.

Puppy1 Red Girl, seems the biggest but I won't know till the scale comes. I LOVE her face!
puppy1redgirlface.jpg

Puppy1Redgirlside.jpg

Puppy1redgirlsidereal.jpg

Puppy 2 Green Girl
Puppy2Greengirlfront.jpg

Puppy2GreenGirlside.jpg

Puppy2greengirlupsidedown.jpg

Puppy 3 Blue Girl
Puppy3Bluegirlback.jpg

Puppy3bluegirlface.jpg

puppy3bluegirlside.jpg

Puppy 4 Blue Boy, poor guy, stuck with a bunch of girls.
Puppy4blueboyface.jpg

Puppy4blueboyfront.jpg

Puppy4blueboyside.jpg

Puppy5 Orange Girl, she is so cool looking and she is the one I didn't think would make it, she wasn't breathing when we got her out of the sack, took a lot of rubbing and suctioning her mouth to get her going.
Puppy5OrangeGirlback.jpg

Puppy5OrangeGirlface.jpg

puppy5orangegirlonpuppy3bluegirl.jpg

puppy5orangegirlonpuppy3bluegirlpuppy4blueboyinbackground.jpg

They are sooo cute! You will find homes for them.

We now have 5 dogs because we kept one from Lily's first litter and then I had two homes back out on the last boy from that first litter and he just sort of stayed. I'm glad he did because he is such a goober and he makes my husband laugh all the time and my husband needs to laugh more.

Everyone is still doing great, mail man drove by without dropping off my scale, but DH found an old one in the cubbord, Im sure its not as accurate as the digital one will be but, according to it the weights are as follows

Pup 1 red = 12 oz ( I thought she was the biggest but nope)

pup2 green=12 and a half oz

pup 3 blue =11 and half oz (this is our "runt" she is also the loudest) and no longer has a collar on as she had gotten her foot up through it so I just cut it off and havn't replace it, she is the only one without a collar so I can still tell her apart.

pup 4 blue=The boy =12oz

Pup 5 orange= 12 oz.

So a nice sized litter, my book says 8-16oz is average for beagle pups so we are right in the middle with 12oz Hopefully when I get home tomorrow the good scale will be here.

All the collars are still loose enough I can fit my pinky finger under them so they should be fine till I get back tomorrow afternoon right? DH will be here, but if he doesn't have to worry about the collars till I get home that would be good.

I really would take the collars off completely. They are very dangerous to the pups. If you want to still mark them get some finger nail polish and paint the very ends of their tails or a dot on the underside of their necks. You'll have to reapply it but its much safer than strangled pups.

Back
Top Bottom