Annie's thread- Five puppies! LOTS of PICS on page 10!

those pics are when they were about 5 weeks old......they will be 8 weeks old this week....there is 8 puppies total.....will post new pics this week

First chance I've had to congratulate you on the litter. Sorry you didn't get those other 2 males you need though. They sure are cute. Can't wait to see them when their markings start to change.

Bluebeagle your babies are adorable too.

I have 3 beagles next door. Cute little dogs, but the baying. OMG! LOL

I am lucky with my Ann, she is not a big bark/bayer, unless on the trail of a rabbit, she is a bit of a whiner though, reminds me of a little kid that hasn't learned to talk yet, so has to communicate everything with whines. One pup seems to be a bit of a whiner too though! They are doing great, everyone gained weight yesterday, when I get home today I will weigh again.

Sounds great!
congratualtions.gif

The pups are doing great, all growing huge! We are slowly removing the collars as we still have problems telling them apart without a close examination. It's nice to be able to see from across the room which ones are nursing, which are sleeping, and which one is making a fuss. They are already showing their own personalities. The third pup born, is usually called squealer, as she is the noisy one, she was also the smallest for the longest time, though she i snow catching up to her siblings. The only boy we call Brawny he is a big guy, very calm and we feel like Brawny is a nice combination of Brutus (dad) and Annie (mom). Brawny is going to be my father-in-laws, so I will get to see him all the time. The last pup that was born (orange), the one who wasn't breathing and was touch and go for a while is doing awesome, she is such a sweet heart and both me and DH's favorite, she will just lay there all calm and let you hold her. Green, who was the second born is also a quiet girl, though she had a bit of a tummy ache this morning and was crying, Annie took care of it, gave her a good wash and she is now sleeping like her usual quiet self. Red, the first one born, is the second fussiest after Squealer, she is still a favorite of mine as her markings are so cool. So far we have removed Squealer and Green's collars, we are still working on real names for Squealer, green, red and orange.

Annie has started the last few days staying away from them longer, laying out on the carpet instead of in with them, and today wants to be outside a lot (first real nice day in a while, warm and no rain) Of course I cleaned the kitchen today and mopped the floor, so she is stuck in the living room with us and she isn't happy, she wants outside and keeps walking from me to DH and whining.

All the pups are over 20 oz, as of last night, the last three days they have all gained 2 oz or more.

I plan to do another photo session today and will probably start a new thread with pictures and weights on it.

Back
Top Bottom