Announcing the newest arrivals to the Asylum!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Matt A NC, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    The momma is Buff orp. The babies are Standard Cochins out of my SQ Splash hens and SQ Black hen. The daddy is a SQ Black Cockerel that is magnificent.

The chicks are blue, blue, and either dark blue or black.

Chicks1
    Chicks2
    Chicks3

Matt

BTW: When I say Show Quality, I mean it. I have spent alot of money and time getting this small flock together.

2. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    They are so cute. No little straight jackets? [​IMG]

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Very nice looking babies! I am curious as to what kind of chicken that is in your avatar? She is pretty also.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hey, Matt, you cant live in an asylum! I live in the Chicken Asylum, LOL! Congratulations, buddy. Please post pics of these babies as they grow. We need to see what really great quality looks like!

5. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh I love them! [​IMG]

I'm a new cochin lover myself. My babies ( almost 6 days old now) are starting to get teeny little feathers! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Quote:My avatar is my Snickers. She is a mixed bantam and a professional shoulder walker. She is 3 years old now. She has 2 daughters and a grandaughter that look almost identical. Not sure how my mutts ended up breeding true. The only difference is the offspring have some tuffs on their legs from Dot. He is also a mutt and only has a few feathers going down the out sides of his legs.
    Dot

They are part of my mutt lot. They are here for pure enjoyment.

Matt

7. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats Matt, you got some beautiful babies there. I love the Cochins too. Keep up the great work and best of luck.[​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by