Annoying Neighbors Anyone?

I have a neighbor who last week let her DOBERMAN off its leash so it could "play" with my ducks - my mom was about 20 ft behind her walking up the road and told her to cntrol her dog. It chased my scovie drake halfway across the yard and tore out some of his feathers. When we confronted her she said " Oh, I knew dhe just wanted to play with it, i wouldnt have let her off the leash if i thught she was going to hurt anyone. "
somad.gif

Lucky for the lady i had just gone inside litterally five minutes earlier. If i had been out there i would have had the cops called on me, thats all i can say. I still get riled up enough to walk over and knock the hag to the ground and bang her head on the concrete a few times everytime i see her.
You could say I have a temper.

Quote:
YES! I read your post about this earlier in the weekend! You're the first person I thought of when this happened! I just don't know what is wrong with these people! Why is it so hard to be respectful of others property and pets! We need to swap around houses, and they can be neighbors and torment each other!
lau.gif

Quote:
First off, Hi, I'm from Owensboro, KY... originally.

Yeah, I've had SOOO manky froblems with my neighbors. Well their dogs in partiucular. In the past year, the neighborhood dogs have killed ove thiry of my chickens. I just found out whose dogs have been doing it... She offered to pay for them, but I reminded her that if she did pay me for the lost chickens, she'd be out about $240. So, I jsut told her to keep her dogs from getting out, reminding her (politely) that I could have animal control take and destroy her dogs... (in my county, any livestock killer MUST be euthanized either by the county or the owner). I also told her that I could shoot her dogs if I caught them in the act of chasing my chickens (also legal, I asked animal control officers). She was nice and everything, but didn't like what I had to say... I think it worried her. It's been a few months since then, and no losses. BUT I have three more dogs running around here, and it's onlt a matter of time 'till this problem arises again... I don't think i'll warn the other neighbors... just kill the dogs if they attack.

Good luck, we all have these problems from time to time.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person... I was refering to the first post...

j

I have problems with my neighbors dog, too.

It ran for my chickens, with my mother there! She threw wood and hit it, and it ran back home.

Today, while I was out checking them, the dog started to make a go for them, with the owner right there! Luckily, the owner got his dog under control before I got aholts of it. If I ever catch the dog on my property, after MY chickens...........lets just say it won't be a pretty sight.

gonzo&hispeeps :

Quote:
YES! I read your post about this earlier in the weekend! You're the first person I thought of when this happened! I just don't know what is wrong with these people! Why is it so hard to be respectful of others property and pets! We need to swap around houses, and they can be neighbors and torment each other!
lau.gif

I was making up stories today and thought about going down the street and borrowing this HUGE bull with 3 ft horns and walking it down the street. It doesnt like dogs.

"Ma'am ! It wont hurt your dog, He just wants to play! See how he lowers his horns for the dog to jump on??"​

Quote:
lau.gif

I was making up stories today and thought about going down the street and borrowing this HUGE bull with 3 ft horns and walking it down the street. It doesnt like dogs.

"Ma'am ! It wont hurt your dog, He just wants to play! See how he lowers his horns for the dog to jump on??"

lau.gif
gig.gif
too funny! Yeah, it just wants to play with you dog! How sweet!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get up some kind of camera system ASAP. Sounds like this guy is deliberately trying to get the dog out of the way. Maybe I am being paranoid, but this creeps me out.

I'll add a sign next to the No tresspassing, and beware of dog sign that says "Smile Your on Camera" Let'm put that in his little red wagon!

gonzo&hispeeps :

I'll add a sign next to the No tresspassing, and beware of dog sign that says "Smile Your on Camera" Let'm put that in his little red wagon!

YES!! Love it!​

Back
Top Bottom