Anorexic 7 wk old rooster

Great point...I am going to wait until our hottest part of the day and only leave him out for a short while....of coure I will be sitting out there watching him and working.

Quote:
I've always wanted to do that! Maybe when hubby works a niight shift, LOL
A few weeks ago I found that one of my silkies wasn't eating and really thin, and had that starvation-green poo. After wazine, she still had no interest in food. Being a silkie, I trimmed around her eyes so she could see. Then I made her french toast every morning, and she turned into a piggy!

Quote:
I saw mine eating shavings today. I don't understand it.

With an impacted crop, they literally do starve to death.

Last edited:
Oh am I jealous!! Thinking about getting more chickens myself but if I do it won't be until spring and I'll need a bigger coop. Is Thor still feeling better? Good luck with your new family members. I'll be watching for your pictures!
big_smile.png

Quote:
scrambeled eggs with tons of olive oil! works like a charm for me--after they eat it massage their crop some to try and get it to move down-I have 1 hen that gets it all the time and then a day or two in the house with that concoction and massages shes good as new for 6 months! all though at this point it seems she does it on purpose to be spoiled with treats in a warm house!!! LOL

RIRF-here are my two sweeties that I can't figure out from my surprise group...do you think they are RIRs?

70118_gangstallene.jpg
This is Gangstallene

70118_shamess.jpg
Séamus

Here is Thor with his Polish pay Cher enjoying the sun..

70118_thor.jpg

Back
Top Bottom