Another assault on eggs

Don't worry, in two months they will be healthy again. Just like milk and coffee. Every three months they change their mind about whether it's good for you or not.

Life has existed on this world for millions of years and during that time it has relied on a predator/prey food chain dynamic. Eating meat, fruits, vegetables, etc... is a natural diet. Where things have broken down is that we no longer live as active of a lifestyle as we used to life as hunters and gatherers.

Eat everything in moderation and exercise regularly.

The most telling part is they did not take overall fat consumption into account. They counted smoking and eggs, but not other dietary and physical characteristics. Not definitive by any description.

These "yolks as bad as smoking articles" are great examples of:
-a sensationalist media system
-why MDs shouldn't try to do 'science'. ;)

Kind of joking on the last one...but kind of not too. This study was survey based and poorly planned at that. It is certainly nothing I would base my diet on.

Some of the quotes make me question if the study head has joined modern times in recognizing different types of cholesterol and how they interact.

Life has existed on this world for millions of years and during that time it has relied on a predator/prey food chain dynamic. Eating meat, fruits, vegetables, etc... is a natural diet. Where things have broken down is that we no longer live as active of a lifestyle as we used to life as hunters and gatherers.

Eat everything in moderation and exercise regularly.
Excellent advice.

The "study" was also only done on people who were already patients of a cardiovascular clinic as well...people already with heart problems. It's just not a good study, but boy, did it grab the headlines.

Y'all might find this interesting

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a.../eating-eggs.aspx?e_cid=20120827_DNL_artNew_1

funny thing is when I was eating sugar and refined & processed foods my blood tests showed that i was "pre diabetic" and had elevated levels of the bad cholesterol. I also had high blood pressure and was on meds for that. And was on medication for rosacea. I also had problems with back pain from degenerative discs and was on pain killers for that.

Once i quit eating processed foods and sugar (and everything with corn syrup in it) plus increased my egg consumption I started losing weight. My blood pressure dropped to "low normal" in just a few weeks so I quit taking the medication for high blood pressure. The back pain has disappeared and the rosacea also disappeared completely and has never come back (so no more meds for those). When I went in for the next blood test the doctor was shocked. He asked me what the heck I had been doing.. my blood tests were PERFECT.. even though I was still "overweight". He told me there was no way my tests should have been as good as they were considering my age and weight.. lol... he even told me I was healthier than a 20 year old (even though I am 52) and to keep on doing what I was doing. Now the only "drugs" I take are vitamins!

So as far as I am concerned all those "experts" who say eggs are bad for ya need to go take a hike.. cause my blood tests showed me everything I needed to know!
As far as I am concerned the processed, refined foods and sugar are the real evil... but hey.. the big pharmaceutical companies can't make any money off of eggs.. so they would rather keep us eating the "junk" and be sickly.
Instead of going to the root of the problem and addressing the toxic diets.. they would rather pump us full of drugs.

Back
Top Bottom