Another Attempt at the Pickled Eggs!!!

Banter, your recipe, but for the cloves, looks great!! Deb, you are so funny!!! I might try the potato or macaroni salad thing though, love both of those and the sharp taste will be hidden with all the Dukes Mayo!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
BUT...I will wash it all down with Marlin's suggestion!!!
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lol!!!! I seriously do not think I will be trying the pickled eggs again anytime soon!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
LOL!! My husband threw a handful of hot peppers in the jar after we ate the two plain ones!! He said that would spice them up a bit!! We'll see!!! Thanks for the tip
wink.png

I worked with a girl from Taiwan who made tea eggs. She boiled eggs, cracked them all over,(did not peel) the put them in a glass bowl with a mixture of black strong tea, soy sauce, water sugar, ginger and a little rice wine vinegar. She aged them for a while before taking the shell off-they were great!

Quote:
Sounds a bit like teriyaki, I think I would like that ALOT better than the bitter vinegar taste..although I doubt I will waste anymore to try this..maybe someone else will?!
lol.png

we cheat and just use the pickle juice after all the pickles are eaten,they are ok

I do the same thing; I use kosher dill pickle Juice and add 1 cup white vinegar to the pickle Juice, this rejuvenates the dill pickle flavors. Stuff the jar full of eggs add the rejuvenated dill pickle juice, Give it a week or two, [if you can wait that long]. you can get 2 jars from 1 jar of pickle Juice by just adding more vinegar.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom