Another Breed question. Someone said she is a Kelso.

She looks like a Dom Gamefowl. Doms have two leg colors, yellow, & white. Combs vary between pea, & Single combs.
Dom is another name for gamefowl with the barring gene. They would be crele looking. I believe that dom is short for Dominique and is more of a color description and it's considered a "less-desirable" color. Kelsos also come in pea or single combs with white or yellow legs. I am really thinking Kelso seems the most likely because they're also a common strain

Dom is another name for gamefowl with the barring gene. They would be crele looking. I believe that dom is short for Dominique and is more of a color description and it's considered a "less-desirable" color. Kelsos also come in pea or single combs with white or yellow legs. I am really thinking Kelso seems the most likely because they're also a common strain
Doms come in a multitude of colors. Red Pyle, BB Red, Wheaten, Splash, Dominant White, & of course barred/Crele.

Here's a couple of the different colors.
Screenshot_20210323-095345_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210323-095424_Chrome.jpg

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being argumentative, but I am pretty sure dom is a reference to being barred or at least carrying the gene which this hen does not look to be. I was just reading a few articles on this which I included screenshots and a link :) I also agree that regardless of her exact line, she is a pretty bird!
https://www.scribd.com/document/424586201/Bulik-Breeding
A109234C-C7E5-456C-93C6-480DEA430FC6.jpeg

38576F1E-6AD8-4AA8-AD44-76D4D719EE73.jpeg

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being argumentative, but I am pretty sure dom is a reference to being barred or at least carrying the gene which this hen does not look to be. I was just reading a few articles on this which I included screenshots and a link :) I also agree that regardless of her exact line, she is a pretty bird!
https://www.scribd.com/document/424586201/Bulik-Breeding
View attachment 2581646

View attachment 2581649
Nobody said you were, I just wanted to share the other colors of Doms, besides barred patterned.

Back
Top Bottom